Monday, August 24, 2009

Signing on and away we go!!!

Hello Everyone!!!

Well I've finally found some time to actually stop, drop and write down a couple of thoughts about this wonderful adventure we call ILTA09!!! It's been fun getting here, so here goes!!

I have a laundry list of topics that I'm interested in, and I'm excited to investigate as many as possible during this conference:

Infrastructure and Systems: We've implemented several datacenters this year, as well as a couple of other large projects. I'd like to see what's on the horizon in the Systems and Operations world, what new challenges hang in the balance and investigate new trends in the field.

Project Management: Implementing large projects thrusts most functional managers into the wonderful world of Project Management. While we've made great progress in our PM initiative, I'd like to get as much information as possible focusing on PM from an IT systems point of view as opposed to an applications development point of view.

E-Mail Management, EAS and IDOL: There's been lots of chatter among my applications and e-discovery colleagues regarding this topic. I'm very interested to learn more about this topic.

Mobile, Remote and Wireless vs. IT Operations: Both tracks are on the same day......AARRGH!! We will have to be creative, thank goodness for great presentation materials!!!

There are many more topics of interest, but will save some for a later discussion.....
Now, it's off to visit with vendors at the Exhibit Hall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment