Saturday, August 22, 2009

101 Gadgets for a trip to ILTA

Why is the world do I need so much stuff?  Especially so much stuff that makes travelling on an airplane such a hassle?

I am a gadget fanatic!  And there is no better time to pull out all of the stops than when attending a technology conference with a bunch of other geeks.

So what does a gadget fanatic bring to a tech conference?

  • EEE PC 1005HA – This is my current netbook, which I am loving, and will be using it for blogging, Twitter, and general web access.
  • BlackBerry Storm – Keeps me in touch with my work e-mail and allows me to access the web and Twitter.  Perhaps most importantly though is that my Storm can be used as a tethered modem for those times that wifi is not available or just overloaded.
  • Blue Snowball – Wow I am going to try podcasting at ILTA.  I bought a Blue Snowball condenser microphone to use for the podcast and am pretty excited to try it out.
  • Flip Mino HD – I am not sure how much video I will be recording, but it might be fun to do some recording in the vendor hall.  This is a great little camera for taking HD video.
  • Canon XTi – I decided to go big with the camera this year, in part to take a couple of pictures for Iain at the Smithsonian.
  • Dell Wasabi Photo Printer – I am thinking I will not have much use for this, but it is a fun little gadget to have.  I am considering trying to make a Twitter name plate for my conference badge.
  • and the rest…I have my Belkin portable power strip, Amazon Kindle 2, Nintendo DSi, Altec Lansing Travel Speaker (this little thing is awesome) and my Zune.

I think that is enough, don’t you?  Looking forward to seeing how much I can make use of each of these gadgets throughout the week.  Most of the usage should make it’s way to this blog so stay tuned.

PS.  My day to day conference bag will be a Timbuk 2 mini messenger bag, although most of the gear made the trip in my Tom Bihn Ruk Sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment