Sunday, May 24, 2009

Gamer ILTAn's

I always pack along two or three card or small board games when I head out of town. Depending on where I am going I find a few other players interest. I have planned a little extra padding into my ILTA trip this year and thought I would see if any of my fellow ILTAn's enjoy playing board or card games and want to plan a few hours one evening to play some games.

The last time I went on a trip I packed along three different games:

Coloretto - This is a simple card game of set collecting.  I like this game because it is so easy to teach people to play, but has quite a bit of fun factor in it.  The game plays quite fast and most new players want to play a second time (or more).

Settlers of Catan Dice Game - This game shares more in common with Yahtzee than the Settlers board game perhaps, but it is still a fun and light game.

Ticket to Ride Card Game - This game is closer to it's board game companion than Settlers is, but it is still quite different. The only downside to this game is that it can be a little confusing to teach.  In this game you are trying to complete sets again, this time to complete tickets and move your trains across country.

I have a load of games both traditional and new and I am sure I will have some along.  Interested in playing? Leave a comment here, or drop me a note on Twitter, Facebook or using my Profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment